When it comes to learning kids deserve every advantage we can give them image
The Yukon Food for Learning Association (YFFLA) is a non-profit organization dedicated to the nutritional needs of the youth & the community of the Yukon.
Our vision is a Yukon where every student has access to nutritious healthy food while at school.
YFFLA will support school based nutrition programs and will encourage lifelong healthy eating programs.
YFFLA will do this by:
- providing funding to assist schools to offer nutritious food programs
- making available nutrition information to Yukon students, school personnel and volunteers
- encouraging the lifelong, healthy eating habits of Yukon students and their families
- acknowledging the value of Yukon’s local and traditional foods
- encouraging community and volunteer involvement in school based nutrition programs
- advocating for school based nutrition programs
Yukon Food for Learning Association wants to raise the awareness of Yukon families - especially it's children - to the importance of healthy eating habits for life!
Check out our recipes page for some delicious & healthy recipes. Drop us an email if you have a recipe you would like to share!